Saturday, June 5, 2010

I did it!!!








I just wanted to let you all know that have been following my blog about my weight loss that I'm finished...FINALLY!!! About a week ago I reached my goal weight of 127. I can't believe it and now I don't know what to do with myself. It will be 3 years in October so it has taken a long time but I have worked very hard at it and with all that hard work it reminds me that I never want to do it again. Maybe that will be motivation for me to keep it off :) !! Now I am trying to make the transition to maintaining instead of losing. I thought this would be easy all along but I'm finding it's not as easy as I thought. I'm allowing myself to have a few "bad" things every now and then where I didn't do that hardly ever before. I'm finding though that a few treats here and there leads to a lot of treats throughout the week so I have to be careful with that. I'm also trying to cut back my time at the gym. Instead of 2 hours 5 days a week I'm trying to cut back to 1 hour 4 days a week for now. It's hard!! I have become so used to being there I feel so guilty when I don't go. It's not as easy as I thought but it will just take time to figure out I guess. For 3 years I have been in lose weight mode and now I'm not so it's very strange for me. I can't believe that I finally did it though. I never thought when I started that I would be at the weight I am now. My goal back when I started was only 145 so I can't believe that I'm 18 lbs under that. I'm going to post some "final" pictures of myself :) !!!
...also the month of May has been so busy for us. I've been on a work trip to Chicago and I got to go to Baltimore and visit my brothers and go home to WV to see the house I lived in for the last time. My parents sold their house in WV and moved to Florida. I love having them here. They have been here a week now and they live about 6 miles from us. It is so nice after 12 years to have them close by and get to do things with them again. We are loving it!! I hope they like Florida and don't miss the snow too much. I told them at least they are breaking themselves in fast to the Florida weather. It's already miserably hot and hurricane season started this past week so they are jumping right in :)!!! We are glad they are here and all moved in. They have a beautiful house and I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with them!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, ALISA! You have worked hard and you should enjoy every compliment you get! I am so very proud of you!!! And you are beautiful!!! One day I'll join you.... Also I am very happy that you have your parents close by and can enjoy living near them again. Tell James "hello" for us and we hope that sometime you'll have a reason to visit near WV or Ohio again and we can see you all. But with your family living in FL now that might never happen. I guess we'll have to plan a trip there! ;) Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Alisa! You see to really have your head on straight. I'm sure you'll do great at maintaining, and I imagine you feel so great physically. I'm so excited for you to have your parents there in FL near you!! Awesome. Enjoy your family and keep updating us, ok? Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! The trick will be to maintain it now, but I think you'll do just fine at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job Alisa! You look so beautiful AND skinny! Congratulations, enjoy being healthy, fit and small :)
    I'm sure you'll keep it off just fine!

    ReplyDelete