Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Eve

James always tries to make me feel special. I love it. Friday nights are usually pretty boring in our house because I'm off but James works all day and when he gets home he is tired. So, we usually have pretty lame Friday nights. However, every so often he will call from work which he did today and tell me to be ready he is taking me somewhere. We always have date night every Saturday night so doing it 2 nights in a row is rare. I was so excited today, so I was ready and when he got home, he took me shopping. He does this once every few months where he doesn't complain at how long it takes me, what I buy, and he doesn't tell me "that's enough." I love that. He tries so hard to make me happy. So, tonight we went to the outlet malls about 20 miles from our house and shopped for over 2 hours. It was FUN! He never told me no, don't go in there or that's a lot of money. He just lets me get whatever. I love those nights :) He's a great husband. I love that he does things he doesn't enjoy every once in awhile just to see me happy. Not that I'm not the rest of the time but he does it just to make me feel special. Tomorrow for our Valentine's Day we are going to do a service project in the morning and then go out to dinner and to a pro hockey game tomorrow night. The Tampa Bay lightning are playing the hockey team from Washington DC (the Capitals I think) Happy Valentines Day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. What a good hubby! Shopping...my kind of date. Good job James. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a special man...one who takes you shopping and doesn't act like he's being tortured. How fun! I'm glad you guys are so great together. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alisa,
    what a great hubby you have.. I am lucky Ami doesnt mind going shopping with me and I a dont mind going with him to look at his man stuff hahaha hope you had a valentine day.. mY hubby and I decided to buy a nice gift which we been looking for a nice dining set on clearance yeah! and it was under $3oo leather chairs and table cloth to go with it.
    guess what! Matt and Niki got married friday the 13th at the court house..

    have fun at the hockey game

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful. My hubby doesn't complain, but......I can certainly tell he's not having a good time. I don't know why I continue to ask him if he wants to go along...or why he keeps agreeing. I feel "rushed" because I don't want him to be miserable. LOL Glad you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete