Sunday, March 27, 2011

9 weeks to go....I missed week 10 :)

Trying to keep up with this is difficult....

I missed last week so briefly I ran 23 miles the week of March 13th. I had a longer 8 mile run on the 19th and a couple 6 mile runs worked in throughout the week along with training with my personal trainer.

Exciting news....I bought new running shoes. Probably the most $$ I've ever spent but I need a really good pair that are not going to hurt my feet for this long race. So... I had Nike Vamaros (not sure if that is how you spell it) and they were fine but they made my toes numb after about 6 miles and I wasn't super pleased with how they felt after my 1/2 marathon. So, I went to a running store last week and got fitted for Saucony ProGrid Ride 3's (in pink and black...my favorite colors). I LOVE them. Way more room in the toe area and they have some shock thing in the heel that transfers the impact out through your shoe. They feel amazing. I've been running in them for a 2 wks. No foot pain or numbness...Finally!!!

This week I upped my mileage I ran 6 miles Monday, 2 Tuesday I also trained with my trainer on Tuesday for an hour, 6 Thursday, I did an hour of kickboxing on Friday (which I don't recommend the day before a long run!!!!) and I did a LONG 12 mile run yesterday. It hurt! My legs were so sore from kickboxing I did about a 10 minute...or a little less which is SLOW for me but that's the only way I was getting in the mileage this week. So for this week a total of 26 miles. Now if I just put that together in 1 day at one time I would almost be at marathon distance. That's a disturbing thought :) !!!! I'm trying more for miles..just getting them in than speed right now.

I leave today for Buffalo, NY until Wed. for a class for work so my mileage is going to drop this week which lucky for me it was supposed to anyway. I won't be getting in much this week but I will do my best. I have 4 long runs left. A 14 miler starting a week from next Saturday, 16 miles, 18 miles and the big yuck I hate to say it... 20 miler uggggghh!!!

I feel like running is my life. I'm going to admit I'm getting burned out. I'm excited for it to be over. I don't think I will train for a marathon again. It is a lot of work. My 1/2 was a lot of work but nothing like this. 1/2 marathons you can train for a couple months 3 days a week. Marathons are an almost everyday commitment. I'm running 5 days a week. 24+ miles in those 5 days, and I don't like the long Saturday runs. I'm wiped for the day after those. So...that is the past couple weeks. 9 more weeks of hard training....1 week of easy training . 11 weeks until race day :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work, Alisa! I'm so happy for you. It will all be worth it when it's over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go, Alisa! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete